Can you guess what’s the most important asset of a business? Customers or Profits may be? I agree they are important too. But first comes the employees and their valuable TIME. Yes, the way they spend their time in building a business is the deciding factor of its success. To measure and track their working hours, you need a robust system that is fast and accurate as well. Face Recognition Attendance is the one that fulfills all the above requirements.
Facial Recognition Attendance Systems use the unique facial features of a person to mark their attendance. Hence, they are accurate and cannot be forged with fake entries. Also, they track the working hours of employees without any errors unlike manual methods making it one of the most sought-after attendance systems today. Let’s compare and understand the differences, pros, and cons of the traditional manual attendance systems vs the face recognition ones.
Manual Attendance Systems – A Overview
The evolution of manual attendance systems dates back to the times when there was a separate register in which all the employees were supposed to write their in and out times and sign them. Then came methods like punched cards, fingerprint sensors, ID card scanners, web-based timesheets, etc. These methods might have been effective in the past while there were fewer employees in a company and all of them worked in one office.
That’s not the situation today. Now, people of the same organization work from different locations all over the world, from the office or from anywhere. The work setup today is totally different from the past. This is the main reason businesses are looking for a more reliable and accurate face recognition attendance.
Pros Of Manual Attendance Systems
- Less expensive
- Simple to use and maintain
- Doesn’t involve complex technology
Cons Of Manual Attendance Systems
- Less accurate, high possibility of human errors
- Difficult to get data insights
- Low adaptability and scalability
- Buddy punching
Face Recognition Attendance – A Overview
The face recognition attendance systems follow a simple 4 step process to capture and maintain attendance. They are as follows:
- Capturing – First, the system scans the face of a person in front of it by capturing the image with 3D face scanning technology.
- Extracting – Then, it extracts the unique pattern from the various facial features and stores it in the database.
- Comparing – Next time the registered user tries to mark attendance, it compares his/her face pattern with those in the database.
- Identifying – If an exact match is found, then it identifies him/her as a registered user and marks their attendance successfully.
Pros Of Face Recognition Attendance Systems
- Real-time data insights
- Easily scalable
- Accurate, no possibility of human errors
- Higher employee productivity
- Safe and touch-free process
- Faster than manual methods
Cons Of Face Recognition Attendance Systems
- Cannot say 100% foolproof
- Employees may think as a threat to their privacy
- Need more storage capacity
Why Should You Choose a Face Recognition Attendance System For Your Business?
Now, after discussing the pros and cons of both systems, why do I suggest you should go for a face recognition system? Here are the reasons:
- Today there are many cloud-based attendance applications available that work on a subscription basis and are accurate as well as cost effective.
- Seamless integration with your current systems and tracking working hours ensures accurate payroll processing.
- Facial recognition systems work best when it comes to remote/hybrid/office work setups and for employees who work in multiple shifts.
- Improves employee productivity through a hassle-free experience.
- Real-time insights help to identify the areas of improvement and get into action immediately.
Attendance is one important aspect that has evolved over the years. We are already seeing many government organizations such as schools, airports, and police departments, using facial recognition for various purposes. However, it is critical that the employees should understand the emerging technologies when it is newly introduced in their organization. The business people should take care of it so that the facial recognition attendance systems can be used widely with the support of the employees. If you are looking for one, do visit https://www.lystloc.com/lystface to learn more about Lystface – an AI-powered facial recognition attendance app.